Business Development Executive at Encipher Limited / Lagos
Full-time / Posted 23 January 2013 / Viewed: 946 times /
Encipher Limited is looking for a Graduate Business Development Executive to drive new business sales with both active prospects and those sourced from both their own contacts and the company database, in line with the company’s Sales and Business Development Strategy.
Encipher Limited was the first company to introduce a local tablet brand into Nigeria/Africa. With the aim of expressing and preserving cultures using technology, Encipher intends to become the tablet of choice for locals wanting local contents whilst using latest of media devices.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Lead Business Development Manager and the role would be field-based however regular and frequent office visits are essential, along with travel to client offices or other locations when necessary. Some overnight travel may be required.
- You will actively research, target, scope and create opportunities with prospective clients, driving to conversion and delivering profitable long-term relationships.
- Deliver New Business sales target as agreed with Lead Business development Manager
- Create and implement approaches to prospective clients, working closely with both the Lead Business development manager and Chief Marketing Officer.
- Drive the Sales Process with prospective clients, including brief-taking, project management, presentation of solutions/pitching, negotiation and closing business
- Report and track all activity, with focus on conversion
- Provide New Business sales forecasts both monthly and quarterly
- Develop strong, multi-level relationships with each new client, to ensure seamless longer term hand-over to Account Management teams
Skills & attributes
- Driven & competitive autonomous self-starter, with a strong work ethic
- Well organised, effective communicator and networker
- Negotiation and presentation skills essential
- Must be able to demonstrate evidence of formal sales training
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Adobe and Powerpoint
- Business development and project management experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines and as part of a team is essential
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing
- Fluency in local dialects would be an added advantage.
Basic salary (N660,000 to 720,000 per annum)
Commission earnings (up to N4 million per annum paid quarterly).