Mid-Weight Back-End Developer at IROKO Partners / London
Full-time / Posted 17 January 2013 / Viewed: 1035 times /
iROKO Partners, the world’s largest distributor of Nigerian entertainment content online is seeking a back-end web developer to join its team in London starting immediately.
We’re looking for someone with experience working in PHP, MySQL, Linux & Apache, with a strong understanding of OOP and MVC.
What do we use?
On the back-end we’re a PHP shop. We use MySQL, MVC, AWS, Linux, Apache, Nginx, Memcached, Ruby, Chef, Hubot and much more.
On the front-end, we build standards-based websites with accessibility and flexibility in mind. We hand-code organised, structured HTML and CSS while enhancing the experience with tools like jQuery using industry best-practices. If you’re bringing along some experience in these areas, it’s a bonus.
The qualities we’re looking for:
- You must have good knowledge of PHP and MySQL with a respect for industry-accepted standards, specifications and best practices.
- Experience in LAMP based architecture.
- You should be able to implement and improve websites built on PHP/MySQL-based MVC frameworks.
- You should be comfortable working with CSS/HTML layouts and templates. You don’t need to be a designer.
- You must have the ability to implement optimisation, scaling and caching techniques.
- You should have some experience of 3rd party API integration, specifically any payment processing APIs.
- You have a GitHub/BitBucket profile with examples of work you’re particularly proud of.
- Experience in RESTful HTTP API development is desirable
- You will be able to work closely with our front end development team on site projects.
- You have an interest in staying up-to-date on the latest development technologies and methodologies.
- You have or are excited about having exposure to high traffic websites and solving scalability issues.
Your covering letter should state:
1. Why you’re suitable as a back-end developer for iROKO Partners and why you’d like to work with us. 2. An online portfolio or links to examples of recent work you’re particularly proud of. 3. What blogs (if any) you read on a regular basis. 4. Any communities and events (if any) you attend or are involved with. 5. Details of your availability.
- A supportive, challenging and fun team environment.
- Awesome office location in central London.
- The ability to grow your career and skill set.
- Competitive compensation and additional benefits such as Employee travel loan.
- Employee Share Option Scheme
Salary: £30-35K based on experience.