Senior UX Front-End Developer at IROKO Partners / London
Full-time / Posted 17 January 2013 / Viewed: 1652 times /
iROKO Partners, the world’s largest distributor of Nigerian entertainment content online, is seeking a Senior UX Front End Web Developer to join its team in London starting immediately.
This person will lead the front-end development and be responsible for the planning and execution of new features whilst managing junior developers and supporting existing code base.
They will have a keen eye for user experience and will be constantly trying to improve our products and take them to the next level.
The qualities we’re looking for:
- The ability to hand-code clean, semantic, standards-compliant XHTML/HTML and CSS.
- Will have a firm understanding of responsive design and how to implement it.
- You understand how jQuery should and can be used to enhance a site and its interactivity.
- You’re able to identify and tackle cross-browser quirks.
- You are committed to figuring out the best user experience and validating ideas with A/B testing if necessary.
- You are able to utilise CSS3 and HTML5 while still maintaining a fallback for browsers that don’t support it.
- You’re familiar with code versioning systems like Subversion and Git.
- You have experience with (or interest in) dynamic CSS pre-processors such as SASS and LESS.
- You know how to navigate Photoshop to translate into code.
- You don’t just “cut things up” — you translate design into a brilliant user experience and you’re not satisfied until it looks pixel-perfect.
- You’re passionate about writing logical, well-structured code that’s easy to navigate.
- You have experience or a keen interest in building mobile optimised web sites
- Can confidentially manage a small team of developers, delegating tasks and scheduling work.
Your covering letter should state:
1. Why you’re suitable as a front end developer for iROKO Partners and why you’d like to work with us.
2. An online portfolio or links to examples of recent work you’re particularly proud of.
3. What blogs (if any) you read on a regular basis.
4. Any communities and events (if any) you attend or are involved with.
5. Details of your availability.
• A supportive, challenging and fun team environment.
• Awesome office location in central London.
• The ability to grow your career and skill set.
• Competitive compensation and additional benefits such as Employee travel loan
• Employee Share Option Scheme
Salary: £40-45K depending on experience